About Me

My photo
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Old soul who reincarnated in this lifetime as the grandson of late Mrs. Jayalakshmi Karuppannan of South India, I was born and bought up in a place called Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu state, people first tend to like me and expectations becomes more and later they feel should have not liked me in the first place. I'am what I'am, I always wanted to be myself and do what I wanted to do, so don't trust me. I believe in chance, coincidence, chaos, and contradiction. The less sense I can make of something with my mind and the more nonsensical it is, as vain and egotistical as I can be, I realize that there is a vast percentage of my life that I am not in immediate control of and that control is largely a modern day illusion. I'am passionate about bikes & cars, like to travel a lot & I'am a great fan of 

Thursday 4 February 2010

Closed lid with open eyes


A MacBook can close it’s lid and then it is going to sleep. On some situations it could be useful your Mac would stay awake instead of using it magic power LED hypnotizing you.

One of those moments could be

  • A party and your MacBook is serving some music, but you don’t want anybody to touch it and to see what is on your screen.
  • It is bedtime and you want to listen to my podcastor some other music and set your sleep timer, but the display is too bright.
  • You have a time intensive task like defragmenting harddrive, backup or downloading and want to prevent dust getting on the keys.
  • The screen is no longer used while watching a movie on an external monitor.
  • Just you want it!

A tiny freeware tool called InsomniaX puts some matches into the menubar to simply enable or disable the sleep functions.

No comments: