About Me

My photo
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Old soul who reincarnated in this lifetime as the grandson of late Mrs. Jayalakshmi Karuppannan of South India, I was born and bought up in a place called Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu state, people first tend to like me and expectations becomes more and later they feel should have not liked me in the first place. I'am what I'am, I always wanted to be myself and do what I wanted to do, so don't trust me. I believe in chance, coincidence, chaos, and contradiction. The less sense I can make of something with my mind and the more nonsensical it is, as vain and egotistical as I can be, I realize that there is a vast percentage of my life that I am not in immediate control of and that control is largely a modern day illusion. I'am passionate about bikes & cars, like to travel a lot & I'am a great fan of 

Monday 29 June 2009

Developer Tool

Developer tools for everyone

Xcode installation

Xcode installation

Directly with the OS X of your Mac you have a quite big bunch of nice and powerful tools delivered on your installation DVD.

They are not put on your Mac automatically, because they are designed to be developer tools.

To get them running, just insert your Tiger, Leopard (or in future Snow Leopard) installation DVD. Then go to “optional installs” and afterwards to “Xcode Tools”. Install the package or anything else you would need.

Here is a list of the most useful delivered utilities:

  • Accessibility Inspector
  • Accessibility Verifier
  • Applet Launcher
  • AU Lab
  • AULabHelp
  • BigTop
  • Bluetooth Explorer
  • Buildlet
  • Clipboard Viewer
  • Core Image Fun House
  • CrashReporterPrefs
  • Dashcode
  • FileMerge
  • HALLab
  • Help Indexer
  • Icon Composer
  • Instruments
  • Interface Builder
  • IORegistryExplorer
  • iSync Plug-in Maker
  • Jar Bundler
  • MallocDebug
  • OpenGL Driver Monitor
  • OpenGL Profiler
  • OpenGL Shader Builder
  • PackageMaker
  • PacketLogger
  • Pixie
  • Property List Editor
  • Quartz Composer
  • Quartz Composer Visualizer
  • Quartz Debug
  • Quartz Debug
  • Repeat After Me
  • Shark
  • SleepX
  • Spin Control
  • SRLanguageModeler
  • Syncrospector
  • Thread Viewer
  • USB Prober
  • Xcode
  • ZoneMonitor

The tools are really tiny and do what their names say. It is really worth to have a glance at. So take a little time and install them. The complete thing including documentation and developer IDE will eat about 2,5 GB of disk space.

I will write some blog articles of my favourite tools from that list, soon.

Drop a comment of what application you like at most or what you are generally thinking about the Xcode tools.

No comments: