About Me

My photo
Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India
Old soul who reincarnated in this lifetime as the grandson of late Mrs. Jayalakshmi Karuppannan of South India, I was born and bought up in a place called Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu state, people first tend to like me and expectations becomes more and later they feel should have not liked me in the first place. I'am what I'am, I always wanted to be myself and do what I wanted to do, so don't trust me. I believe in chance, coincidence, chaos, and contradiction. The less sense I can make of something with my mind and the more nonsensical it is, as vain and egotistical as I can be, I realize that there is a vast percentage of my life that I am not in immediate control of and that control is largely a modern day illusion. I'am passionate about bikes & cars, like to travel a lot & I'am a great fan of 

Monday 6 July 2009

iStat Menu

iStat Menus

iStatMenus Configuration

iStatMenus Configuration

I am a person who really likes to have control over my computer and it’s settings.

The Mac already brings some nice tools like the activity monitor with the OS, but the menu bar is a very good place for a short and tiny overview in form of icons.

Look at the screenshot, how nice it is to have all that information personally configured with the freeware tool iStatMenus.

To change anything afterwards, just open your preference pane and go your own way, even with your favourite colors.

Here is a short summary of what you can configure:

  • CPU: activity, histogram, tasks
  • RAM: usage, histogram, tasks
  • FAN: speed, temperatures
  • HDD and other drives: activity (r/w), histogram, usage
  • Bluetooth: controls
  • Calendar: day, icons, time formats, weeks, world clock
  • Network: all interfaces, usage, histogram

This tool is really a must have installation. By the way, they also do provide a free widget for your dashboard with comparable effort.

No comments: